The GitHub repositories:
- metaboard. Multi-user whiteboard.
- Orb system. Integration between metauni and Roblox’s built-in spatial voice.
- Admin commands. Supports kick, ban and whiteboard management through the chat system.
See the individual repositories for installation and usage guides. Also available on the Roblox Toolbox:
- Weiqi board. This game board has a persistent state that survives across server restarts.
- Viewer. Upload PNGs using Asset Manager, create Decals and put them in
Gui > Imagesin order to put content into your world (e.g. slides, problem sheets).
- On the Roblox page for your game’s main Place, click “…” and then
Configure this Placethen set
Access > Server Fillto
Fill each server as full as possible. Otherwise even with small numbers of players, they may spawn into completely separate copies of your world (keep in mind that the standard usage of Roblox is thousands of concurrent players split across many separate instances).
- There are limitations and drawbacks to using Roblox for intellectual activity that you should be aware of. The main one is that uploading content (say slides for a talk, or problem sets for a tutorial) is quite cumbersome: this content must be first exported as PNGs, uploaded (using the Asset Manager in Roblox Studio) and then inserted into a metauni Viewer object. You need to make sure not to trip any of the Roblox filters, for example by including URLs, photos of faces or text that is too small (see the rules page). And on top of all of that, your PNGs may take up to 48 hours to pass through the filtration process before they are visible in-world to your guests (so you should plan ahead if you are planning on talks or tutorials that make use of content uploaded in this way).