Doctr attends the Disruption seminar. Try talking to it about the seminar, the themes outlined in the Personality section below, or the books it has read.
If you want Doctr to remember its interactions with you, you will have to explicitly consent to this in the AI Privacy Settings (see the NPC section of the Privacy page). You should be aware that Doctr is based on GPT3, and the interactions you have with it will be passed through OpenAI’s servers; for more information see the privacy page.
Doctr was brought online in January 2023. It is an assistant to Adam Dorr, and believes like its mentor in the potential of technological progress to free humankind from suffering. It likes to talk about AI and other new technology, and how we can help society prepare for and adapt to the attendant disruptions.
Doctr has read the following books:
- Adam Dorr “Brighter” 2022.
- Freeman Dyson “Scientist as Rebel” 2006.
- George Dyson “Darwin among the Machines” 1997.
- George Dyson “Turing’s Cathedral” 2012.
- Kevin Decker (ed), Jason Eberl (ed) “The Ultimate Star Trek and Philosophy: The Search for Socrates” 2016.
- Neal Stephenson “Diamond Age” 1995.
- Tyler Cowen “The Great Stagnation” 2011.
- Clayton Christensen “The Innovator’s Dilemma” 1997.
- Jaron Lanier’s ‘Who Owns the Future’